A grassroots initiative is providing innovative pedestrian safety education to the citizens of the Tampa Bay area. Pedestrian safety is an issue that affects everyone. We are all pedestrians at some point during our day, whether walking through a parking lot after shopping, walking from home or work to a vehicle, walking for exercise or simply walking to enjoy a beautiful Florida day, we are a pedestrians.
Now is the time to learn pedestrian skills that will help increase the safety of the Tampa Bay community. Join our efforts and request a free Pedestrian Safety Presentation for your business, association, church, school or group. The WalkWise campaign provides an informative and conversational free 15-30 minute presentation with time for discussion to anyone living or working in Pinellas County. Each attendee will receive a WalkWise Tampa Bay reflective bag and other safety items after the presentation. After taking the WalkWise pledge, each individual is named to our growing list of WalkWise Ambassadors. WalkWise Tampa Bay is managed by the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) at USF and funded by the FDOT District 7.
WALKWISE IS IN THE NEWS!
- WalkWise held a press conference along Gulf Blvd. October 25, 2012. The Beacon
- A Photographic Journey, 2012. Center for Urban Transportation Research Webinar
WalkWise featured in the St. Petersburg Times, November 3, 2011. Hometown Pasco
Florida DOT WalkWise program wants pedestrians, motorists to be aware. October 2, 2011. Tampa Bay Times
WalkWise featured on Tampa Bay’s Channel 10 Studio 10. Watch Julie Bond and Jason Jackman from the Center for Urban Transportation Research at USF talk about the WalkWise program. Click on “Walking Wise”.
- WalkWise featured on Tampa Bay’s Channel 10 Studio 10. Watch Dave, Jeanette, and Kristen from FDOT District 7 talk about the program! Click on “Sobering Statistics”.
- Click here to watch the FDOT WalkWise Safety PSA
- Watch WalkWise on Bay News 9.